[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Rkward and R directory moved to another disk

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 16 18:39:46 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4101958:

[quote]but the output in R is quite intriguing:
> library(rkward) Error: package 'rkward' was built before R 2.10.0: please
re-install it
how can it be old if I just installed it? [/quote]

Ok, now it makes sense. Well, the problem is that the daily builds are built
against the version of R in the Ubuntu universe. For karmic that's 2.9.2. However,
you have R 2.12.1, probably from CRAN. So that's why R refuses to load it...

Well, that's not easily resolvable. You could upgrade your Ubuntu, you could
compile RKWard from source (http://p.sf.net/rkward/svn for the latest version),
or you could go back to whatever version you had installed, previously.

(Probably at some point we will provide more PPAs on launchpad, which would
cover your setup, too, but probably not for the daily builds.)