[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Error Starting R- RKward

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 22 02:03:23 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by chak8870 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4497074:

Hi Thomas,
Thanks again for a quick reply.
[quote]What happens, if you simply ignore the error message?[/quote]
The interface starts. But I can't load my previously saved Rdata fles.
I have tried couple of things like importing data and stuf. Nothing happens.
However, I could finally load .txt file. I, myself was curious about the error
codes. Therefore I copied the "command log" of my last session to pastebin.com
and attached the url here
[url=null]http://pastebin.com/ztN8PBnG[/url]
[quote]Any obvious deficiencies? [/quote]
I must admit here that I did not muster "rkward" before. However, after loading
the table I can't generate a box plot or a regular scatter plot from the rkward
interface. Here is the command log:
[url=http://]pastebin.com/Ab0uf0pA[/url]
I could be able to process the data from Rconsole in RKward. Here is the R syntax
I used.
[url=http://]pastebin.com/kNf9eadg[/url]
And here is the output.
[IMG]http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8871/rplot.png[/IMG]
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/chak8870]chak8870[/URL] at 2011-04-21
[quote]Also, please locate /tmp/kde-USERNAME/ in a file manager. You will find
several files called rkwardXXXXX.tmp and rkward.rbackendXXXXX.tmp (one each
for every time that you started RKWard in the current session). Could you post
the contents of the most recent pair of these? [/quote]
Here it is.
[url=http://]pastebin.com/JiqqnvYU[/url]
And rkward.rbackend temp file
[code]QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type
'QAbstractSocket::SocketState'
(Make sure 'QAbstractSocket::SocketState' is registered using
qRegisterMetaType().)[/code]
I hope this will help understand the issue better and troubleshoot.

Thanks again for all your help.
Sourav