[rkward-users] [Help] Install problem with Ubuntu

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 19 05:36:13 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by ericstrom at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3952446:

Just installed Rkward through the Ubuntu Software Center. The install seemed
to go well with no errors reported. I was able to open Rkward also with no problems.
I waited until the box in the lower right corner was green indicating R was
running. Then I click on the button on the bottom to open up the console. It
open well and I got the prompt as expected. Then I typed in a simple expression
to test things out > 3+5 and I got all sorts of errors as follows:

Error: unprotect(): only 1 protected items

 *** caught segfault ***
address (nil), cause 'memory not mapped'

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

So my question: What is this error and how do I fix it ?