[rkward-users] [Help] RE: R Indentation

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat May 22 12:04:33 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3716805:

Hi again,

first, for clarification, here are your examples in \"code\"-tags, to make them display correctly in this forum:

[code]
if(1==2)
{
    y <- 1
}
[/code]

[code]
if(1==2)
    {
        y <- 1
    }
[/code]

[code]
lm(y ~ x,
     data=d)
[/code]

Now, I guess tastes differ. Personally, I find that style rather appalling ;-). But if this matters to you, and you are willing to invest a bit of time, you can write an indentation script yourself. See http://dhaumann.blogspot.com/2007/07/kate-scripting-indentation.html and http://dhaumann.blogspot.com/2007/07/kate-more-on-indentation-scripting.html . Consider posting your results to this forum or to rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, then we can include this in a future release.