[rkward-users] .Rhistory

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 4 14:09:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 04 May 2010, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Is it possible to define the settings so that the .Rhistory file be
>  automatically saved to the current working directory instead to a globally
>  defined directory (i.e. /home/username/.rkward) ?

actually, rkward does not use R's history mechanism at all, ATM. The console
history is saved in ~/.kde/share/config/rkwardrc, and in fact that means there
is only one global history.

I think, supporting .Rhistory is a good idea, and this should be possible (as
well as loadhistory(), savehistory(), and history()), but like so many things
this will need some work. I've added it to our feature request tracker, for
now:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2996587&group_id=50231&atid=459010
.