[rkward-users] problem installing on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 4 13:42:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

sorry about the noise. After some more googling, I think, the following is the
recommended way to build KDE4 software on the mac:

fink install kde4-buildenv
export KDE4_TYPE=x11
# you may need to use "/opt/local" instead of "/sw" in one or both of the
# following two lines. Depends on where KDE itself was installed.
export KDE4_PREFIX=/sw
/sw/sbin/kde4-buildenv.sh

cd rkward_trunk/rkward/build
cmake .. $KDE4_CMAKE_ARGS -DR_EXECUTABLE=/your/path/to/R
make
sudo make install

The package kde4-buildenv.sh-script is supposed to take care of setting up
$KDE4_CMAKE_ARGS and some further environment variables, appropriately.

I hope you haven't given up, yet, and this will finally do the trick.