[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Install from source on ML 2010.1

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 16 13:07:52 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4014040:

Hi!

I believe the "--prefix" is meant to be something like "/usr" or "/usr/local".
No idea, why it is not being accepted. You'd need to quizz the R people about
that. However, your R appears to end up in /usr/local/, and why not just use
that.

Since [code]/usr/local/bin/R CMD sh -c 'echo $R_VERSION' [/code] yields 2.12.0,
my previous idea appears to have been wrong. Here's a new idea:

1) Make sure to configure R with the "--enable-R-shlib" option. The shared library
is needed by RKWard. My guess is that you did not use this option when compiling
R, but an older version of the shared library is already present on your system,
and RKWard picks up that, by accident.
2) Since you made several attempts to compile RKWard, please remove the file
"CMakeCache.txt" in the rkward build directory. It may contain obsolete cached
values. Compile RKWard again, after that.