[rkward-users] network proxy

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Dec 2 12:14:13 UTC 2010

On Monday 29 November 2010, Mischa Vreeburg wrote:
> It seems KDE is only picking up the setting in /etc/profile.d.
> when I start konquerer with the no_proxy line I get
> also the same error. I think it is an error with kde

Ok, it seems KDE really does not honor the NO_PROXY variable,  by default.
This is configurable for KDE, globally, from System Settings->Network &
Connectivity->Network->Proxy. You can also alter the relevant settings from
within konqueror: Settings->Configure Konqueror->Web Browsing->Proxy.

So, while KDE's behavior with respect to proxies does look strange, indeed,
this should allow you to configure it, correctly.

Before you do: What I don't understand is why this used to work for you,
before. Any chance that you have changed anything with respect to proxy
configuration and / or upgraded KDE at the same time? Could you second-check
that help pages work for you when using rkward 0.5.4, instead of the daily
builds?

Perhaps there are some other environment variables which KDE does respect.
Could you send me the output of
   Sys.getenv()
run in the R Console?