[rkward-users] Installation fails at build-dep

zool____ zool.bib at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:37:43 UTC 2010

Hi all,

i successfully installed both R and RKWard a few months ago on my
machine running Jolicloud (an Ubuntu-based distro). But then I've got
to format and reinstall the OS, and now i can't complete the
installation.

Following the instructions in the wiki, I first added the apt-line to
my repositories list, then ran apt-get update. But then, at sudo
apt-get build-dep rkward, I get stuck. The output line is in italian:

E: Non è stato possibile soddisfare le dipendenze di costruzione per rkward.

It says "It was impossible to satisfy the build dependencies for
rkward". Nothing more.

I absolutely need the GUI asap to write an academic paper. It's a real
emergency for me.

Please, anyone can help?

Thanks.

Zool