[rkward-users] Compatibility between RKWard and RGtk2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 1 10:50:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 31 August 2009, Nicolas Chapados wrote:
> I'm a new RKWard user and so far I've been quite pleased with the
> environment it provides for R development.

thanks!

> However, I'm wondering if
> the compatibility with RGtk2 has been tested.

Well, tested, yes. We are aware of this issue, but it is not easy to fix. I do
have an idea on how to approach - and hopefully fix - this problem and a few
related ones. But this will need a good deal of work, and other things are
higher up in priority ATM.

Last time I checked, version 0.4.9b of RKWard (based on KDE/Qt 3) was not
affected. While this version does not have some of the most recent features,
perhaps this is an option for you.

See also
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1878594&group_id=50231&atid=459007
. This describes slightly different symptoms, but I'm fairly sure that it's the
same underlying issue.