[rkward-users] [rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.1-pre2: First preview of RKWard on Windows

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:23:31 UTC 2009

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the good words and for testing.

We run into this problem earlier. The solution is described by a previous
post of Thomas. I am pasting the part that should help.

"Ok, it looks like it just isn't easily possible to switch the mode in
the KDE installer. Apparently you need to either delete your KDE
installation and start afresh (probably the least troublesome as long as
you have not yet configured anything special in KDE), or install to an
additional KDE directory. This time, on the third page of the installer,
be sure to select Compiler Mode "MinGW". You may need to select "Package
Manager" mode for that. Now the -mingw versions should be available (you
need kdelibs-mingw and kdebase-mingw)."

So you have to delete the KDE folder and reinstall KDE and opt for the
Compiler mode minGW and follow these instructions. Things should work after
that.

Regards,
Ilias