[rkward-users] RKWard 0.5.1-pre2: First preview of RKWard on Windows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jun 15 15:28:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

this is to announce the first preview release of RKWard running on MS Windows.
If you have that "other OS" available, please give this a try:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/install_rkward_0.5.1-pre2.exe . I fully
expect there are still a lot of issues, including potential problems with the
installer, but I think we are ready for a first round of testing.

A number of significant changes have happened on the Linux/BSD platform as well
(see http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Feature_Plan
for some of them), and if you would like to see them now, the usual source
tarball is here: http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.5.1-pre2.tar.gz .

An official 0.5.1-release is not yet scheduled, and is probably still some time
away. A release timeline will be announced whenever a release is nearing, and
as usual we will allot time for testing, translating and packaging. Still,
with the summer vacation-season coming up, translators may want to start
updating translations for 0.5.1-pre2, just in case.