[rkward-users] rules fixed (almost) [was: Rkward compatible with Intrepid Ibex?]

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 18 12:35:22 UTC 2008

hi,

Am Dienstag 18 November 2008 00:06:29 schrieb Prasenjit Kapat:
> :)) Hmmm...  But, why is intrepid using /usr/share/kde4/apps instead
> of /usr/share/apps? After all, this was the default for kde3, so if
> KDE4 is the default for intrepid, shouldn't it use
> /usr/share/apps ?

i agree. in fact, it does use /usr/share/apps as well. but perhaps its a
transitional state, and they're trying to clean up the directory tree... i'm
not an kubuntu developer, so i have no insight in that.

you can use the kde4-config command to get information about verious expected
paths. for instance, to find the path for the data_install_dir:
 kde4-config --path data

("kde4-config --types" will list all available types).

> Anyway, it is good to know this non-trivial convention!!

to me it seemed the obvious place to look: if cmake/make/make install works,
but debian/rules doesn't, i guessed that the cmake call in the rules file with
its list of options was to blame. i removed all options, as expected the
package worked, after that i just rebuild the package with more and more
options until the errors reoccurred: gotcha ;-)

> Thanks, I'll try that sometime. I am still using Hardy and I've pinned
> R at 2.7.2... I just didn't want to break the current (working!)
> setup...

wisely so... however, this path issues are unrelated to the Rdevices.h issue
with R 2.8. you could try to compile against 2.7 first, and if it doesn't work
for you, simply re-install the official package.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke
  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf