[rkward-users] How to show Intermediate results in output/console?

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Fri May 9 08:07:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

* karl <breitu at aol.com> [080509 08:40]:
> I am a newbie trying to use RKWard.

The R FAQ and the r-help mailing lists might be helpful (but do read the
posting guide before posting).

> What can I do that intermediate results of a script are shown somewhere?
> I don't want to see the whole program in the console and in the output
> window appear only the graphics as far as I see.
>  Example:
> I have as script
>
> x <- rnorm(22)
>
> and now I want that only x[1] appears in the console or output, nothing
> else.

Try to include

  x[1]

in your script, this prints the first element of x to the R console.
Whenever you just give the name of an object without an assignment, it
is printed with the respective print() method.

Best regards,

Johannes Ranke