[rkward-users] Thanks for the great software, I used it extensively for some recent publications

Adam Sparks earlycj5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:31:20 UTC 2008

Doing a bit of shameless self promotion but also wanted to say thanks
and point out that I recommended this software in a publication that we
recently published.

A webpage version of a poster I presented in August 07 on the documents
that we created is here: http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~asparks/

During Fall 2006, teaching documents were developed by students in a
Plant Disease Epidemiology and Ecology graduate level course at Kansas
State. The final product is a set of five documents that can be used for
classroom or self-taught learning of these concepts. For each specific
topic, students were asked to find three peer-reviewed articles
illustrating the topic as the basis for constructing each module.
Students worked with a post-doctoral research fellow and advanced
graduate student to construct each teaching module.

Our goal for these modules was to provide an open access publication
based on free software in order to expand the availability of teaching
materials for plant disease ecology and epidemiology to the widest
audience possible. All five modules have been reviewed and accepted by
Plant Health Instructor, http://www.apsnet.org/education/top.html.

The introductory document in particular mentions RKward.  Throughout the
rest of the documents the code is formatted in RKward syntax
highlighting by using the HTML export function.

Thanks again for great software, keep up the good work!

regards,
Adam Sparks