[rkward-users] Preview of RKWard 0.4.8a

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 2 12:37:23 UTC 2007

Hi all,

if you are subscribed to rkward-devel, you will have noted, that the current
focus of development is mostly on the KDE4 port of rkward. Still some things
have happened on the KDE3 side of things as well. Most importantly a number
of bugs have been found and fixed in RKWard 0.4.8. Therefore, I'd like to
create a 0.4.8a bugfix release shortly. No non-trivial new features are
included in this release, only bug-fixes.

------- Testing -------

Most changes in this bugfix release are rather simple, and should not
introduce any new regressions, however, at least one fix is fairly
system-specific, and should get some testing on as many different systems as
possible. Therefore, I would like to ask you to download and test
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.8a.pre1.tar.gz .

Of course there can never be too much testing, but for this particular
release, even very basic testing would be highly welcome on many different
systems. I.e.
- Compile
- Start and do some very basic things
If you encounter any problems, please post them to the list. If you don't
encounter any problems, please post a short message to the list as well, with
info on:
- your distribution
- your processor architecture
- your version of R installed

-------- Release timeline ---------

0.4.8a will be released between Wednesday the 7th and Sunday the 11th,
depending on how much time I have available, and the amount of testing
feedback we get. There will not be a second preview release, unless serious
problems show up.

-------- Further development --------

Versions 0.4.9 (KDE3) and 0.5.0 (KDE4) have not been scheduled, yet. I think
they will likely both be released some time in December this year, however.