[rkward-users] Problem compiling: cannot find -lgfortran

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu May 31 10:00:09 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Germán Márquez Mejía wrote:
>  Now I'm figuring it out: I ran make install with
DESTDIR=/home/user/rkwardrkward-0.4.7a/BUILD to create a Slackware package.
The difference is that, when I do so, it doesn't link/install the R package
correctly (I asume).  This is what I get with the "package" installation:

[...]

>  I'm pretty sure that that the permissions of the package contents are
> correct.  The fact is that you'd expect not to find any differences between
> the "package" installation (with DESTDIR) and the "direct" one (make
> install alone).  For now, I have no problem with "direct" installation
> since it works well, but this does represent a problem to the distribution
> of binaries in Slackware. Although, perhaps it's not a generalised problem
> but a mistake of my own in the package creation process.

Hm. This is supposed to work (of course you still need to install the
package/the DESTDIR contents in a second step). In fact, the debian packages
(and probably most others) are created in just the same way. Perhaps you can
take a look there, to see if there are any obvious differences:
http://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rkward/trunk/rkward/debian/rules?revision=1835&view=markup .

Of course an updated slackware package would be very nice to have, so don't
hestitate to ask for help (probably rather on rkward-devel than
rkward-users).