[rkward-users] Compile problems on Debian sarge

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 8 15:21:34 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007, pep.roca at gmail.com wrote:
> Tanks a lot, Thomas. I have followed all the instructions, and all seems to
> go well, except an error at the end of process:
>

> rkcomponentmap.cpp: En member function
> "QString RKComponentMap::getComponentIdLocal(RKComponentHandle*)":
> rkcomponentmap.cpp:218: error: error d'analitza before `;' token

Hm, now I recall that I tried some time ago, and saw some problems like this
on sarge. This is a GCC problem. I don't remember which was the default gcc
on sarge. You could try upgrading to gcc-3.4 (appears to be the latest gcc
available in sarge), and with a bit of luck that will work.

In this particular case, chaning "QString ()" to "QString::null" on line 218
of that file should do the trick, but you're likely going to see a number of
further problems.

The compilation was aborted at this point, so there's more to come.

> This is serious?
>
> On the other hand, where the exec is installed? The /usr/bin/rkward is the
> version 0.4.2 and not the 0.4.7a.

Yes, it did not finish compiling, and hence "make install" did not install
anything, either.

On etch, compilation works smoothly (and in fact, there is a precompiled
package at http://rkward.sourceforge.net/debian/stable/), so if you have that
option, you could upgrade your system to etch.