[rkward-users] Compile problems on Debian sarge

pep.roca at gmail.com pep.roca at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:52:08 UTC 2007

Hello:

I am trying to compile rkward-0.4.7a in a debian sarge. When I run ./configure
I get the error:

	checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021) and < 4.0)
(headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

But in debian sarge I found three Qt3-dev packages.

	qt3-dev-tools
	qt3-dev-tools-compat
	qt3-dev-tools-embedded

Which one is the right? Also the INSTALL file say:

RKWard requires:

	- KDE-libraries and headers (>= 3.x) (http://www.kde.org)
	- Qt-libraries and headers (>= 3.x) (http://www.trolltech.com)
	- R and headers (http://www.r-project.org)
	- PHP with commandline-interface (http://www.php.net)

I assume that I need to instal the following packages:

	kde-devel (and kde-devel-extras?)
	php4-dev
	build-essential (in Sarge, I can't find build-dep)

But I can't find the r-cran-dev or the R-headers in debian sarge.

Thanks a lot.