[rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward:  trunk/rkward
tfry at users.sourceforge.net
tfry at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 7 10:58:44 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-11-07 02:58:37 -0800 (Tue, 07 Nov 2006)
Add check for tty in wrapper script. Some more TODO items
--- trunk/rkward/ChangeLog 2006-11-07 10:56:50 UTC (rev 916)
+++ trunk/rkward/ChangeLog 2006-11-07 10:58:37 UTC (rev 917)
@@ -1,3 +1,5 @@
+- if not started in a tty, spawn a konsole. R will go into non-interactive mode otherwise
--- Version 0.4.1 - Nov-05-2006
- allow specification of title/subtitle in plot options plugin (currently used by boxplot, and histogram)
- fix bug in beta probabilities plugin
--- trunk/rkward/TODO 2006-11-07 10:56:50 UTC (rev 916)
+++ trunk/rkward/TODO 2006-11-07 10:58:37 UTC (rev 917)
@@ -19,13 +19,22 @@
- seems to happen more often with larger data frames
- more precisely: seems to happen after scrolling
- no idea, why this happens
+ - crash when there are user defined active bindings in .GlobalEnv
+ - does not happen, if symbol update is prevented:
+ - x <- 1
+ - rm (x); makeActiveBinding ("x", something, .GlobalEnv);
+ - why?
+ - deal with user defined active bindings correctly (i.e. copy them "actively" in .rk.watch.symbol, or override makeActiveBinding () (and bindingIsActive ()) to do the right thing)
Compilation / technical
- Incorporate FreeBSD patches http://www.freshports.org/math/rkward/files.php?message_id=200609172111.k8HLBiob081349@repoman.freebsd.org
+ - Access to dev.copy (), dev.print (), and a function to copy gaphics to rkward output
+ - probably in Windows-menu for now
- pre-install R packages
+ - Check for existence of php binary on startup, not only when loading a plugin
@@ -116,7 +125,6 @@
- in REmbedInternal, add extractTemporaryStrings (), for strings that do not have to be copied
- Object editing / modification tracking:
- functions to set double/int/string-vectors directly. Use in paste-operations
- - check whether we're running in a PTY, and warn otherwise. Currently the R backend needs this.
- on exit, check whether there are still RCommands left in the backend and wait/request user-interaction before tearing down the thread. After all, the last command might have been a "save"!
- How about always doing exiting via a "q ()" command in the backend, instead? That way we could always be sure, all previous commands have been completed before the q ()!
- error-handling/raising in .rk.do.call
@@ -145,6 +153,7 @@
- find out why an error in the backend often leads to a subsequent crash
- plugins (general)
- add import-filter plugins
+ - ODS filter (try to find someone to implement one in R)
- use smart sorting, esp. of generated string
- add labels, add "up to level" option
--- trunk/rkward/rkward/rkward.sh.template 2006-11-07 10:56:50 UTC (rev 916)
+++ trunk/rkward/rkward/rkward.sh.template 2006-11-07 10:58:37 UTC (rev 917)
@@ -1,6 +1,14 @@
# Shell wrapper for rkward executable.
+## make sure, we always run in a tty. Otherwise R would go into non-interactive mode and behaves strangely.
+if tty -s; then
+ konsole -e $0
This was sent by the SourceForge.net collaborative development platform, the world's largest Open Source development site.
More information about the rkward-tracker