MR about syntax highlighting

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Mon Jul 17 19:56:28 BST 2023

Hi!

Am Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:09:48 +0200
schrieb Pierre de Villemereuil <p.dv at mailo.fr>:
> I got a message stating that my merge request about syntax
> highlighting was getting into trouble because the rkward.xml file got
> modified in the source repository. I'm not sure what is the best way
> to fix this?

While on your branch, you will want to do
 rebase master
that will result in a conflict that you will have to fix, manually
(nothing complex, I just added machine readable copyright info in the
header).

If you run into trouble, I can help out.

> Also, I was wondering whether you were still interesting with the
> highlighting? I'm asking because the MR has been pending for over a
> month now, but I know you are busy, so no problem if you merely
> didn't have the time to have a look.

Ouch, really sorry to keep you waiting this long. Ok in short:
- I still like most of this.
- I'm a little undecided on the portions that look for potentially
  locatized string ("Error", "information", but also "A
  tibble").
- I'm somewhat concerned about the syntax definition diverging ever
  more from the "regular" R.xml. Your MR does not really make the
  problem worse, but eventually we should take a look into
  synchronizing the two.
- There appear to be some common rules between tibble and "normal"
  output. Could those be factored out into a common context
  (IncludeRules)?
- One thing I would like to ask you to add is an example/demo file
  that shows off most features, so it will be easier to catch any
  regressions when doing changes in the future.

I hope to be faster in the future, but I've had that hope, before...