Call for testing upcoming RKWard 0.7.4

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Fri May 13 22:18:20 BST 2022

Hi!

RKWard has made some nice progress during the past month, and I'd like
to make the new features more widely available, soon. A release by the
end of the month looks ambitious but still realistic:
https://rkward.kde.org/Release_Schedule.html .

Of course, as usual, I'm hoping for your help in testing. As to what to
look out for, this release cycle was particularly focused on
streamlining the first steps with RKWard (but I believe long time users
will appreciate these changes as well):

- The "Welcome to RKWard" page has been reworked, entirely, and now
  serves as a "dashboard" with some of the most important task,
  including access to recently used files (replaces the previous pop-up
  startup dialog).
- The package installation dialog has also been reworked to show fewer
  pop-up dialogs, and hopefully to be more readable. In total, this
  should bring down the number of pop-up dialogs a tpyical first-time
  user will see from six to three (which still isn't ideal, but
  certainly better).
- Almost all plugins now support a preview, helping to see results
  faster, and to send only intended output to the output window.
- More import options, including an "Import Data" assistant to help
  finding them.

Looking forward to your feedback!