Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.6 (Thomas Friedrichsmeier)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Fri Jul 29 18:35:16 BST 2022

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:59:14 +0000
Anders Fridberger <anders.fridberger at liu.se> wrote:
> I attach output.log. The lines around "--server-name" are
>
> /tmp/.mount_rkwardX2osMQ/usr/bin/../lib/R/bin/R
> CMD
> /tmp/.mount_rkwardX2osMQ/usr/lib/libexec/rkward.rbackend
> --debug-level=1
> --server-name=%2Ftmp%2FrkwardjmUDwKKe
> --rkd-server-name=%2Ftmp%2FrkdnoZrBTJZ
> --data-dir=%2Fdata%2Fhome%2Fanders%2F.rkward%2F
> --locale-dir=
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method
> KatePluginIntegrationWindow::createViewBar(KTextEditor::View *)

Ok, so socket files should be created as

/tmp/rkwardXXXXXXXX and
/tmp/rkdXXXXXXXX

where the Xs will differ on each invocation. These files shall
disappear as soon as the backend has connected to them, however, for the
"rkdXXXXXXXX" socket this will not happen until something is plotted.

So, after starting (without closing the frontend), check the contents
of /tmp. You should at least see the "rkdXXXXXXXX" socket, with
permissions something like:

  srwxrwxr-x 1 thomas thomas        0 Jul 29 19:30 rkdIcQVLfKK=

Now try

 socat - UNIX-CONNECT:/tmp/rkdIcQVLfKK

Sending anything will only get you an error message, but does the
connecting work?