AppImage builds

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Fri Jul 22 21:11:29 BST 2022

Hi!

After much more pains than expected, our AppImage builds appear to be
approaching a usable state, but I'd appreciate some more feedback on
issues that I have found (and those that I have overlooked..:)-

Please try the latest nightlies at:

https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/AppImage/job/RKWard_Nightly_appimage-centos7/

Known issues at the time of this writing:
- https downloads (importantly of packages) may not work out of the
  box. Provided that curl is installed on the system,
    options(download.file.method="curl", download.file.extra=" -L ")
  should fix the issue, or, alternatively (requiring wget):
    options(download.file.method="wget")
  Can you confirm?
- Fonts may or not work correctly (try e.g. plot(rnorm(100))). If they
  don't I'll be interested in some details of your fontconfig setup.
  E.g. run
    FC_DEBUG=1024 fc-match ""
  outside of RKWard.