RKWard | Submit to flathub (#13)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier (@tfry) noreply at kde.org
Tue Aug 2 14:35:15 BST 2022

Thomas Friedrichsmeier commented:

Update:

AppImage build available by now, and apparently mostly functional, so this is a bit less of a priority, now.

There is ```flatpak-spawn --host```. That should allow to run a system-installed R. Of course we'd then give up on one key advantage of flatpak: We'd need a specific version of R installed on the system.
  - Figure out, if we can build the backend for more than one version or R.
Theoretically, the same technique would allow to call gcc, and friends outside of the sandboxed R. Yet, this is only usable to binaries that we can configure. Notably sys.which() will not work.

flatpak-run has also gained ```--usr-path``` and ```--app-path``` options. Figure out what exactly those do, and whether that can be used to create a usable wrapper script.

You're receiving this email through KDE Activity Filter (see sysadmin/activityfilter on invent.kde.org)