rkward-devel Digest, Vol 86, Issue 12

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Mon Aug 1 18:16:56 BST 2022

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 16:30:37 +0000
Anders Fridberger <anders.fridberger at liu.se> wrote:

[...]

> I attach the log files (debug level 5)

Thanks. Definitely pinpointed the spot, now:

https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/blob/89e36fc210e261a7e4427462a27bd6327732cc78/rkward/rbackend/rkfrontendtransmitter.cpp#L180

QProcess::waitForReadyRead() _never_ returns, even though it is set to
timeout after at most 500 msecs. This is definitely not expected
behavior, not even if the connection is broken, somehow. It is also
definitely not what I'm seeing, here, even if I add deliberate delays
into the backend.

So that's almost certainly a bug in the version of Qt in use in RHEL.
(Do you happen to know, where I would get info on the packaging, esp.
any patches that were applied?)

I'm trying come up with a workaround that does not rely on
waitForReadyRead().