RKWard is in kdereview - again

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Thu Apr 28 19:52:29 BST 2022

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:30:49 +0200
Thierry Thomas <thierry at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Le jeu. 28 avr. 22 à 15:10:26 +0200, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
> <thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> écrivait :
>
> > And as an afterthought: What happens when you select Window->Show
> > Output->[Unnamed][Active] in a fresh session? If the same, could you
> > follow the above procedure, too, to produce a debug log?
>
> Attached too.
>
> Note: there is no [Unnamed][Active] but default.rko [Active]

thanks. With this, and the other log, I think I now understand what
happens.

1. The initial difference between our setups is that you use a
"persistent" output file, i.e. the same output file is opened every
session (and at the end of each session, you have the choice to save
the new additions, but I digress). This is actually the default
setting, but I had changed it.

2. This output file has probably been broken during the auto-tests
session. Due to 1), starting a fresh session does not change anything
for you, but did for me.

3. The contents of the output file do not get auto-detected as mimetype
text/html, which means we have to use a workaround to render them as
HTML, and that workaround is/was buggy.

So, moving to a solution:

4. I believe, if you move ~.rkward/default.rko out of the way (while
RKWard is closed), then start a fresh session, the problem should go
away. If this is so, then a patch may not be needed in the port, as
regular users will not trigger the bug.

5. Should I be wrong on 4), this is the commit to backport:
https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/commit/ef48c2f7bc86eaeca94d70df38baa50a643186b6

(patch):
https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/commit/ef48c2f7bc86eaeca94d70df38baa50a643186b6.diff

Thanks for your help!