tab completion

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sat Jan 9 14:28:17 GMT 2021

hi,

Am Samstag, 19. Dezember 2020, 13:54:19 CET schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Am Thu, 17 Dec 2020 18:44:43 +0100
>
> schrieb meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>:
> > although i have activated all tab completion features in RKWard's
> > settings, i've noticed that they're not fully functional all the time
> > in the R console. i usually can complete object names in parenthesis
> > like an open function call, but i can't complete objects line list
> > element names or S4 slots, not function names. is this a bug or am i
> > missing something?
>
> Do you have a specific example to look at? Seems to work for me (if I
> got your question right), but in particular for function names tab
> completion often isn't possible until you have typed quite a few
> characters, as there are so many similar names that no unique (partial)
> completion can be found. Could that be the problem?

so, this seemed to be good for a while, but just now it fails me again. i've
built a package and run tests which failed because of buggy examples. ther is
now no completion at all in the R console.

e.g., "data.fram" doesn't complete to data.frame, but as soon as i type
"data.frame(", the argument hints are still showing.

so far i was not able to reliably replicate this, it just happens like now.