RKWard 0.7.1 release candidate is available

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Oct 11 10:47:58 BST 2020

Hello Thomas,

If RKWard is being released, shouldn't it move out of playground?

repo-metadata/projects-invent/education/rkward/metadata.yaml says
    projectpath: playground/edu/rkward

which means kdesrc-build isn't building it by default.

Once it moves to kdeedu we can list it in
kdesrc-build/kf5-applications-build-include and it will benefit from being
compiled by more people (which helps detecting issues, and gaining more users
among KDE developers).

Cheers,
David.

On samedi 10 octobre 2020 11:43:18 CEST Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The RKWard 0.7.2 release is scheduled for October 16th. This mail is to
> inform you that a release candidate source package is available today.
> Barring any severe issues, this will be identical to the official
> release on Friday.
>
> This release brings a number of changes that packagers should be aware
> of:
>
> - RKWard now supports using QWebEngine instead of QtWebKit. QWebEngine
>   will automatically be used for compilation if available. Should you
>   wish to force using QtWebKit, pass -DNO_QT_WEBENGINE=1 to cmake.
> - RKWard can now load kate plugins (_not_ just ktexteditor plugins), and
>   these provide some rather important functionality. Thus the package
>   providing kate (or at least the kate plugins) should be made a
>   dependency, or a least of recommendation of RKWard.
> - In addition, kbibtex and pandoc will often by useful, and should at
>   least be suggested packages.
> - libintl is no longer a direct build dependency of RKWard.
>
> Release files:
> https://files.kde.org/rkward/testing/for_packaging/rkward-0.7.2.tar.gz
> SHA256: 452350a4057d9dc87bb7c7e2f5c38b5cb9715b42141186b0e8c4a28e3dd2adf6
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Working on KDE Frameworks 5