RKWard and R 4.0.0 - Important bug and workaround

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun May 24 21:48:26 BST 2020

Hi!

A quick note, in particular to packagers: Source for RKWard 0.7.1b are
now available at https://files.kde.org/rkward/testing/for_packaging/ .

This bugfix release has a workaround for the important issue discussed,
previously (see cited mail, below). It also comes with two further
fixes for one crash and one hang, cherry-picked from the development
version.

If your distribution ships R 4.0.0, or will ship R 4.0.0 (instead of
waiting for R 4.0.1), I would like to ask you to package this as soon
as possible. Should you prefer to patch existing RKWard 0.7.0 packages,
the most important patch to apply is this:
https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/commit/f1e12da76b7ea4dbcb99c8a38ce9dbb5cb96e1a6

An announcement on https://rkward.kde.org will hopefully follow,
tomorrow, if I can find the time, and if our Windows and Mac builds
proceed as planned.

Thanks!
Thomas

Am Sun, 24 May 2020 10:14:17 +0200