Completion features in R console

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat May 2 11:35:03 BST 2020

Hi!

I have just finished merging the 0.7.1 script editor code completion /
code hinting features into the console window. You'll find this in
master and / or the upcoming daily builds.

While this makes the console look a bit less like a regular text-only R
console window, it removes a bunch of duplicate code in our codebase,
and I find I more usable, myself. If you disagree, now is your time to
speak up!

Also, if you have some time, please take a look at the code completion
related settings in Settings->Configure RKWard->(Script editor /
Console). I'm not entirely happy with the layout and readability of
these options, but I don't have a good idea on what exactly to improve,
ATM.