question from twitter

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 29 18:28:12 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:07:11 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> there's a question on twitter:
>
>  "Is there any way to enable the borders configure "show scrollbar
> mini-map" only for the editor and the R console keep showing the
> "classic" scrollbar, cause I place the R console on left, it's quite
> waste space with the mini- map?"
>
> can this be configured?

well, the config is shared, so for now, no, not without removing it in
the script editor as well.

What we can do is to hide the mini-map for the console, alone, in
programming. But then there will be no config setting to get it back.
If there is agreement that the mini-map is not useful in the console,
then I can do that.

Of course we can also create config options for individual settings
such as this one, but I'm not quite sure for which ones it will make
sense.

As far as I understand, there is no way to provide all separate
config dialogs for the KTextEditor component in scripts windows and
console (and I'm not sure, whether that would be desirable, either).
They share the same defaults, we can only override some per-view
settings. Essentially the ones that you can access from the "View" menu
in the script editor.