Kate plugins - running without installing

Stefan Rödiger [GMX] stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Sun Jan 26 15:06:46 GMT 2020

On 26.01.20 15:19, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 23:27:31 +0100
> Stefan Rödiger [GMX] <stefan_roediger at gmx.de> wrote:
>> regarding the new "Search in Files" naming ("Search in Scripts" in
>> RKWard) I recommend to use the labels of Kate.
> the idea behind changing this was to avoid confusion, as the plugin will
> not search in help files, or the output file. Perhaps it would be
> cleaner, if only the "Current File" and "Open Files"-strings in the
> selector would be adjusted. However, I'm not sure, whether there is a
> clean way to do that.
Sure (maybe I am missunderstanding), I didn't expect that it will search
in help files or the output file. If the option "In Folder" is used the
"function" will also search (as intended) for expression in *.bib, *.csv
... and so on which are not scripts but contain the requested
information (e.g., tag for bibtex entry). People might think that it can
search in scripts only.

> Regards
> Thomas
Regards