tab completion

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sat Dec 19 12:54:19 GMT 2020

Am Thu, 17 Dec 2020 18:44:43 +0100
schrieb meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>:
> although i have activated all tab completion features in RKWard's
> settings, i've noticed that they're not fully functional all the time
> in the R console. i usually can complete object names in parenthesis
> like an open function call, but i can't complete objects line list
> element names or S4 slots, not function names. is this a bug or am i
> missing something?

Do you have a specific example to look at? Seems to work for me (if I
got your question right), but in particular for function names tab
completion often isn't possible until you have typed quite a few
characters, as there are so many similar names that no unique (partial)
completion can be found. Could that be the problem?