updating builds

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 7 08:06:00 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 06 Nov 2019 23:36:47 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> i've just updated the ubuntu releases we build for on launchpad, now
> including 19.04, 19.10 and 20.04 (all except the KDE4 builds -- are
> those actually relevant any more?).

great! I guess the KDE4 builds are not really needed, anymore.

> we were also asked on twitter to release an updated build that
> doesn't require R 3.4.4 -- i assume this is about the windows
> installer, as i've just tried the windows nightly builds and they do
> indeed include R 3.4.4. can we get an update to R 3.6.1 on the
> machines building those packages?

Ok, I've set it to use R 3.6.1 on the next run (missed it by a few
minutes, so that will be in around 24 hours).

> btw., the windows installer is fantasic. worked like a charm! i only
> noticed that tab completion doesn't seem to function for file paths
> -- is that a known issue?

I wasn't aware of this. I think I have a suspicion about what's going
on (KUrlCompletion goes asynchronous, automatically, if listing takes
longer than a tenth of a second or so, but our code assumes
synchronous), but testing it on Windows will take some time...