issue with completion for S4 objects

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 7 09:26:23 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 20:34:53 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 22. Februar 2019, 22:25:48 CET schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > Ok, I know, I've written _that_ before, but I think most issues
> > should now be fixed. please test, if you can find some time.
>
> i'm a bit busy at the moment, took me a while.

no problem, I can only handle small chunks, too, ATM.

Ought to be fixed, now.

> > Note that automatic popups can be turned off in the settings. The
> > default shortcut for starting completion, manually, is Ctrl+L
> > (kate's idea, not mine). But I hope they get in the way, less, now.
> > Let me know, if you have ideas for further tweaks.
>
> i find the positioning of both popups a bit obtrusive. they show
> directly above and below the cursor position, blocking all
> surrounding code. which isn't an issue if you actually want to use
> then, but most of the time i want to see my code and not be
> distracted from my thoughts. i really wouldn't mind to have them at
> the bottom or a corner of the editor window, or simila, if that's an
> option somehow.

Not (easily) possible. What I did change, now, was to add an option to
trigger completion-hints only when the text has changed (new default),
instead of for all cursor position changes (previous). Let me know how
that works for you.