updated plugin rk.gitInstall

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Oct 26 07:26:48 BST 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 16:38:43 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> i fixed some logic issues in the rk.gitInstall plugin and also added
> GitLab as a new option. care to check it out?
>
>  library(devtools)
>  install_github("rkward-community/rk.gitInstall", ref="develop")
>
> what's the status with regards to includig this feature in RKWard?

I suppose the status is/was "forgotten"...

One nitpick about the UI: I think the typical case will be that users
have a github/lab URL, not username and repository. So I'd suggest to
default to "git (generic)", and -perhaps- rename "Github" to "Github
(username and repository)".

Regarding inclusion by only worry would be whether it causes yet more
clutter in the Settings-menu. Perhaps it would make most sense as a
"hidden" plugin that is accessible from within "Manage R packages and
plugins", somehow?

(Or was that the plan in the first place? As I said: I forgot.)