Progress package

Pierre de Villemereuil pierre.de.villemereuil at mailoo.org
Fri Nov 2 20:26:57 GMT 2018

Hi,

Is there any reason why the "progress" package doesn't display progress bars in RKWard?

E.g. this code:

library(progress)

pb <- progress_bar$new(total = 100)
f <- function() {
    pb$tick(0)
    Sys.sleep(3)
    for (i in 1:100) {
        pb$tick()
        Sys.sleep(1 / 100)
    }
}
f()

should display a progress bar (which then disappears in R console), but doesn't. I've also tried for (my initial) slower code and still nothing appear while the progress bar is there for the ~40 minutes of computation in R console.

Anything I need to do to make RKWard work nicely with "progress"? Would be sad that a GUI cannot display a progress bar where the CLI can! ;)

Cheers,
Pierre.