filter issue in <browser />

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 1 17:11:36 GMT 2018

Hi!

On Thu, 01 Nov 2018 15:51:20 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> in case you haven't noticed, the RMWarkdown export plugin ist in the
> current daily builds (under file -> export).

Yes, great!

> i've noticed another issue in the <browser /> element: if i launch
> the opening dialog and scroll down in the filter menu (which is set
> to "*.rmd *.md" in the RMarkdown plugin), i get to "All files (*)
> (All files" which apparently is so broken that it yields no matches.
> from looking at the code in rkpluginbrowser.cpp i could not see how
> this happens.

Fixed.

I was also going to add a hint to the help page, that "RMarkdown File"
will be pre-filled, if called with a script window active. But then, I
found that I was not sure on the correct steps to re-genenerate the
secondary plugin files after updating the rkwarddev-script. Not sure
what this would take, but could you make it such that the comment line
in the generated files is a bit more specific, i.e.:

a) It should tell the correct relative path to the relevant
rkwarddev-script. (Ah, I see, that's what the gen.info parameter is
for; but it's not set correctly on this new one, and not at all on the
older rkwarddev-plugins).
b) It should give a shell command to copy-and-paste in order to update
the generated files _and_ have them in the correct place, afterwards.