[rkward] rkward/rbackend/rpackages/rkward: rebuilt 'rkward' package

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 23 19:11:00 UTC 2018

Hi Meik,

On Wed, 23 May 2018 00:23:01 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2018, 16:56:45 CEST schrieb m. eik michalke:
> > rebuilt 'rkward' package
> >
> >   - was necessary to add rk.askYesNo() to the NAMESPACE file
> >   - while at it, let roxygen2 do its thing and fixed some minor
> > issues like line breaks or old *-package.R format
>
> i must have accidently broken the upstream sources, and it looks like
> it's related to a file that is no longer present:
>
> <error>
> Error in .install_package_code_files(".", instdir) :
> files in
> '/<<BUILDDIR>>/rkward-0.7.0z+0.7.1+devel1/rkward/rbackend/rpackages/
> rkward/R' missing from 'Collate' field: ver.R
> ERROR: unable to collate and parse R files for package ‘rkward’
> </error>
>
> i tried re-adding 'ver.R' to collate in the DESCRIPTION, but the
> error remained. any idea what goes wrong here?

ver.R is "missing", because it is generated at compile-time. You
probably did not attempt to build, locally, before running roxygen, and
so it was missing. BTW, scripts/roxygenize.sh checks for this
condition. Use that instead of manual roxygen.

The persisting problem on the launchpad builder may well be simply due
to synchronization delay. I triggered a new build now, let's see, how
it goes.