GDPR and wiki

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon May 7 12:37:42 UTC 2018

hi,

in three weeks the GDPR will be in effect. among other things, everyone
running a web page must have an explicit privacy policy in accordance with the
GDPR rules. our wiki currently does not provide one:
 https://rkward.kde.org/RKWard:Privacy_policy

i presume we don't actively collect personal data, but there might be some
logging by the webserver and we're having some mailman lists (i.e., collecting
names and mail addresses). that needs to be disclosed accordingly.

but a core question is whether we are legally responsible for this in the
first place, or whether it is the KDE e.V. -- should we get in touch with
them?