R 3.5 for debian/ubuntu

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun May 6 11:49:21 UTC 2018

Am Sonntag, 6. Mai 2018, 12:07:10 CEST schrieb meik michalke:
> there's no mentioning of that on the CRAN pages for ubuntu, but apparently
> there's a PPA with updated packages:
>  https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/rrutter3.5
> also the C2D4U repo already exists for R 3.5
>  https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u3.5

damn, that is so painful -- no smooth upgrade at all, at first it ruins your R
setup completely :-/

> guess this means we'll also need some new PPAs. i'll look into this in a
> minute or so.

there's now these two to get started:
 https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/ubuntu/rkward-kf5-backports-daily-r35
 https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/ubuntu/rkward-kf5-daily-r35

i'll have to fix my local setup first...