On ~/.rkward/library

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun May 6 06:47:22 UTC 2018

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:27:07 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> it could try to "move" it to R_LIBS_USER, by freshly installing all
> packages to the new location, and only remove ~/.rkward/library if
> that was successful. without the versioning mentioned above it could
> also actually move packages directly, if the targets do not exist yet.
>
> or is that asking for trouble?

There is a somewhat less ambitious solution now, which will all to
forget / rename / keep that location. Since this is designed to run
only once, testing is a bit involved (and I'd like to ask you for help
with that):

1. Back up your ~/.config/rkwardrc . It should contain the settings
"config version=4", and "LibraryLocations=/YOUR/HOME/.rkward/library",
otherwise, please search for those config keys, and edit their
values, accordingly.
2. Before each test, restore that backup rkwardrc to
~/.config/rkwardrc .

This mechanism is designed so that it can be expanded to perform more
"new version" startup checks, such as prompting to install R2THML,
etc., in the future.