markdown highlighting

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 30 20:00:06 UTC 2018

Hi!

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:31:04 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 25. März 2018, 13:45:21 CEST schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > > directly. in RKWard it looks like the parser is broken:
> > >  https://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard/RMarkdown_in_kate_2018-03-25.jpg
> > >  https://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard/RMarkdown_in_RKWard_2018-03-25.jpg
> >
> > yes, sorry, found it, myself, right now (it only happens when
> > opening via File->Open R Script File, not when opening from the
> > file browser). Will be fixed in a minute.
>
> unfortuneately, it looks like it isn't quite fixed yet. i've just
> tried in the latest daily build on kubutnu 16.04, and the loaded
> *.Rmd files (from RKWard's file browser) now have no syntax
> highlighting at all. interestingly, the highlighting for BibTeX *.bib
> files is till intact. it's a small improvement that it is no longer
> the wrong scheme, but we're not there yet. maybe a regular expression
> matching all *.R.* files somewhere messing this up? :: m.

I tried, but still works for me. Could you please test this on
some .Rmd files that you have _never_ opened before (e.g. copy one to a
new name). ktexteditor remembers, when the syntax highlighting has been
set to something other than the default for a file. Not sure, why it
would then restore with no highlighting, but I have a hunch, this could
be the root of the problem.