Is := correctly highlighted?

Pierre de Villemereuil pierre.de.villemereuil at mailoo.org
Wed Aug 29 13:41:43 BST 2018

Dear all,

The operator ":=" is used by at least two major packages (data.table to perform "assignment by reference" and tidyverse/rlang for quasiquosation on the LHS of a function argument).

However, on RKward, this seems to be highlighted as a syntax error (the : is highlighted as always and the the = is red and underlined). It would make more sense to highlight it as the = is highlight for function arguments? Or am I missing something?

I'm happy to open a bug if this request makes sense.

Cheers,
Pierre.