D12358: Use Tree view for the file browser instead of whatever the default view happens to be set to

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 17:25:09 UTC 2018

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added a reviewer: RKWard.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: RKWard-Devel-list.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  RKWard's file browser currently relies on the default view provided by `KDirOperator` for its file browser panel rather than defining its own preferred view. This is discouraged because:

  - The current default view ("Short view") is probably not ideal anyway, as it will result in a horizontal scrollbar
  - We are preparing to change the default to something much less appropriate for your use case; see D12326: [WIP/open dependencies] In Short View, display icons on top and increase icon size <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12326>

  Therefore, just use Tree View by default, which is much more appropriate anyway. We recently did this for Kate too in D12224: Use Tree View as the default view mode in the Filesystem Browser plugin <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12224>

REPOSITORY
  R5 RKWard

BRANCH
  tree-view-in-file-browser (branched from master)

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12358

AFFECTED FILES
  rkward/windows/rkfilebrowser.cpp