New Windows installer for KF5 version of RKWard

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 30 19:32:15 UTC 2017

Hi!

It's still too early to think about a release timeline for RKWard 0.7.0
(the first version to be based on KDE frameworks (aka "KDE 5"). However
we are definitely making progress in that direction, and I'd like to
encourage everybody to give our development versions a try, and
provide feedback.

If you happen to have Windows box at hand, testing the upcoming RKWard
on Windows is easier than ever, as we - finally - have pretty
self-explanatory installer at
https://files.kde.org/rkward/testing/bundles/Windows/rkward-x64-latest-mingw-w64.exe .

For those running Ubuntu Linux, a small reminder that testing the
latest development releases is as easy as adding one of the "KF5"
archives to your sources.list: https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel

Other Linux users will have to wait for detailed instructions, but if
you are tech-savy, get the latest sources from
https://cgit.kde.org/rkward.git , branch "frameworks", and build it
yourself.

We're working on getting a Mac version up and running right now, but
this will still need some time.