Indentation script for R

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Dec 13 08:09:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:30:39 +0100
Sven Brauch <mail at svenbrauch.de> wrote:
> On 13/12/17 07:32, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> > Pierre has written an indentation file for "R Script"
> > https://github.com/devillemereuil/rindent . He originally
> > developped it for KDE 4, and thought about contributing it for
> > inclusion in RKWard, but I said KF5 and ktexteditor will be the
> > more appropriate place.
>
> Yes, KTextEditor is a good place for that.
> /usr/share/katepart5/script/indentation should be the right directory,
> at least that's what it searches here -- you can do strace -f kate
> 2>&1|grep indentation to see where it actually looks on your system.

Thanks for that. That hint led me to my own embarrassing mistake,
quickly: I had downloaded an HTML-marked up version of the .js-file -
d'uh!

@Pierre: I also verified that the indentation script still shows up,
when chaging the "languages" to nonsense names that are definitely not
installed (of course it will not work correctly, then, on comments,
but it still shows up). So I don't know which subspecies of gremlin you
were seeing, but I suspect it was a similarly benign one... Do go ahead
and submit that review request on phabricator.kde.org!