rkward --reuse also broken?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 16 15:06:43 UTC 2016

Hi Meik,

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:26:12 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 16. September 2016, 12:24:29 CEST schrieb meik michalke:
> > > But do test, whether my recent commits in frameworks seem to
> > > change anything.
> >
> > no, that didn't help either.
>
> in fact, i am now getting application crashes, particularly when
> closing tabs or windows. can that be caused by your latest commits?

not that I am aware of, but who knows? Backtrace? If this seems
associated with previews, I would not be too surprised. All other
recents commits should be safe(TM).

I have not seen this yet (and running the latest KF5 version in the
VM), but I guess you are currently testing much heavier than I am.

> maybe i should stick to the KDE 4 build after all. would you need to
> merge some of the lates changes for that?

AFAIR, this was all about KF5-specific bugs, except for the close
button on preview warning messages. That's going to be rather tedious
to backport, though, don't think I'll make it in time.

> i can workaround the output file bug with the KDE 4 version by
> preformatting an rkwardrc with only the [DirWatch] entry.

Ok, I have now found out how to activate that workaround in the
KF5-version: You need to set an environment variable:

  KDIRWATCH_METHOD=Stat rkward

Knowing that, I have now added a temporary hack to do this,
automatically, so if you _do_ want to go with KF5, you should be able
to create a working image, now. We can diagnose, properly, later.

Note that launchpad does not sync the sources, immediately. In
launchpad, the "revision" number should be 4731, before you trigger
the next build. Next regular import should run in around 1 hour:
https://code.launchpad.net/~tfry/rkward/kf5.