crashes

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 24 17:34:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 21:00:52 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> i get constant crashes of the kf5 version after closing RKWard. that
> is, it does not shut down cleanly. and each time, this is followed by
> a cascade of other crashes (mostly korganizer, apport-kde and
> kleopatra) where i have no idea how these processes should be
> connected in the first place.
>
> the crash doesn't happen when RKWard was just started. it is only
> when i worked with it for a while. i'll try to come up with some more
> useful info on this.

I have not seen that, yet. I have just fixed some crashes in the KF5
version, but these would trigger in the middle of a session, not at the
end. I've also tried to enable drkonqi, but that does not always seem
to work, yet. But with some luck this will allow you to extract a
backtrace, next time.

Regarding those other crashes, the only connection I see to korganizer,
kleopatra are that all are connected to dbus. No idea, what could be
going wrong, here, though. Conceivably, as these are all KF5 apps, the
point of failure is plasma, somehow.

apport has crashed so often for me, for many different applications,
that I have disabled it long time ago...